Bi-Folding vs Sliding Doors: Which Are Right For Your Home?
Posted on 20/02/2018 a 02:53pm
aïr really set a brand new precedent for bi-folding doors and sliding doors when we unveiled the aïr 800, aïr 500LS and aïr 600LS to the world.
These revolutionary bi-fold and lift & slide doors deliver exceptional performance, meticulous craftsmanship, outstanding aesthetics, high security and prolonged weather resistance.
It is inevitable that you will be enticed by the entire aïr range; however you may find it difficult choosing between a bi-folding door or sliding door.
Your decision-making may be made a little easier once you have an understanding of some of the respective benefits of these two captivating door styles:
- An aïr sliding door runs straight along a track and doesn’t open outwards, so it is a space saving solution.
- You get a high glass to frame ratio in a sliding door and can therefore expect lots of natural light to travel through into your living space and profit from the most amazing uninterrupted views.
- Sliding doors are generally chosen ahead of bi-folding doors when there is a significantly large aperture available.
"These revolutionary bi-fold and lift & slide doors deliver exceptional performance, meticulous craftsmanship, outstanding aesthetics, high security and prolonged weather resistance. "
- The individual door leafs that comprise a bi-folding door can be completely concertinaed to one side so that you can fully open a wall and generate a complete opening into the outdoors.
- They can open inwards or outwards. An outwards opening will be particularly beneficial if you want to maximise space indoors.
- Bi-folding doors can dramatically increase the resale valuation of your home as they’re highly regarded by buyers.
A final decision still up in the aïr?
We couldn’t tell you that one solution is better than the other as aïr sliding doors and aïr bi-folding doors are equally as good as one another. It all depends on your circumstances and preference in terms of which one you choose. A conversation with your local aïr Accredited Retailer may help if you are still torn between the two.