How Buying Bi-Folding Doors Can Add Value To Your Home
Posted on 24/07/2017 a 02:07pm
Brits are increasingly favouring improving their existing homes in preference of moving onto pastures new.
Some householders choose to improve because they’re unable to afford that next step up the property ladder, whilst others opt for home enhancements as they simply don’t want the hassle involved with relocating.
Whatever the reasoning for “improving not moving”, it is important to note that most forms of home improvement will add value to a property, and that includes the installation of bi-folding doors.
Did you know?
Some experts estimate that bi-folding doors can add around 5-10% to the resale valuation of a property.
There are a number of reasons why they’re so highly regarded by valuers:
- Unlike French and patio doors which have rigid widths, bi-folding doors can span several metres enabling a very vast opening to be created
- They enhance the aesthetics of any home, particularly when crafted from aluminium, and give it that all-important “wow” factor
- They open up a property into the garden and create a sensational inside-outside atmosphere
- The exceptionally low U-values offered help to keep the inside of a house thermally efficient
- They will give your home added protection from intruders due to the rigidness of the frames and resilience of the secure locking mechanism
So, whilst moving home may be the last thing on your mind at the moment, it pays to think ahead and invest in improvements that will put you on the front foot in the future when selling - the value gained from bi-folding doors will far outweigh the outlay.
"Some experts estimate that bi-folding doors can add around 5-10% to the resale valuation of a property. "
Bi-folding doors don’t come any better than the aïr 800
The aïr 800 is an outstanding architectural feat available in over 200 door configurations and thousands of colour combinations.
This state-of-the-art bi-folding door will make you re-assess your expectations of how a bi-folding door should look and operate.
You can find out more about it by downloading a copy of our brochure.